14 Ways to Show Love to Anyone, Any Time
Some people love Valentine’s Day- the fancy dinners, roses, etc. Romance just drips from cupid's bow. However, some people despise Valentine’s Day- the commercial consumption, the sense of loneliness that it can inspire, and the overall ick factor.
But why do we have to be in one camp?
Let’s take Valentine’s Day back! Let’s inspire ourselves and others to love more, give more, and be more! Heck, why not call Valentine’s Day the kickoff point for love, like New Year’s Eve for resolutions, and Thanksgiving Day for elastic pants!
Let’s scream in the streets about the love and joy that we can create in our worlds- for the world!
It can all start with you! Right now.
Here are 14 Ways to Show Love to Anyone on Valentine’s Day:
1. Give your local barista a 50 percent tip. Everyone needs a little/latte extra!
2. Hold the door open for someone your own age. We all deserve respect.
3. Pay for the groceries of the person behind you in line at the checkout. We could all use a little extra help.
4. Take out an ad in the local newspaper thanking your post person. There are a lot of unsung heroes out there.
5. Present a bag of Hershey’s kisses to your gardener. Who doesn’t love chocolate, especially whilst cutting the grass?!
6. Tell your bus driver she is pretty today. She is!
7. Notice your waitress’ nails/hair color/earrings and compliment it. We all go into the world trying to look our best.
8. Call your great aunt and tell her you were wondering how she was doing. You always meant to ask, and now is the time!
9. Donate books to your local library. It is the gift that keeps giving.
10. Write your child’s teacher a note. He or she does a lot without extra credit.
11. Volunteer at your local women’s shelter. Ladies need love always.
12. Wine and dine your favorite member of the aging population. It is never too late to feel special.
13. Knit a scarf for someone in need. Wrap them in love- literally!
14. Treat yourself with kindness. It all starts with you, and you deserve the best. Everyday and always.
It is about love. Delirious, reckless, delightful, aggressive, forgiving, inspired love. Look around- the opportunities to LOVE are abundant.
Bottom photo by Lindy Drew
Chelsea Handler Tries Making Fun Of Andy’s Weight. It Backfires Immediately. An embarrassingly bad attempt to make fun of Andy’s weight
Another Kind of Street Meat Searching for abundant, organic, all-natural, free meat? Consider roadkill.
“I Know It's Not P.C. But...” Sam Harris, #Gamergate, and the explosion of white, male, illiberal rage
The Best (or Worst) Outbreak Movies to Watch While in Self-Imposed Quarantine If you’re going to be scared, be really scared A panicky film primer for the Ebola zombie pandemic sure to … oh my god, look out behind you!
Why Cutting Michael Sam Was a Mistake for the Dallas Cowboys The subversive NFL moment that never happened
7 Unlikely Male Feminists Lately feminism has been all about … men. Here are seven dudes who prove that gender equality really is for everyone.
The NFL’s Most Violent Man on How to Curb Football Injuries Jack Tatum’s modest proposal
Understanding Africa’s Ebola-Denying Communities While Americans panic over a tiny risk, some Africans in Ebola-stricken counties think the entire virus is make-believe.
Why Your American Wiener is Unimpressive We should all be envious of Iceland’s tasty, high-quality hot dogs
Stepping Inside a World of Private Violence A new documentary probes domestic violence in America via the gut-wrenching story of one survivor seeking justice.