GOOD Maker Challenge Winners: 20 Inspiring Youth-Focused Nonprofits
This content is produced by GOOD with the support of Microsoft
Recently, we asked our community to nominate youth-focused nonprofits to participate in the Give for Youth Challenge on GOOD Maker. Give for Youth, a Microsoft YouthSpark program in partnership with GlobalGiving, helps nonprofits crowd fund for their projects that support youth education, employment and entrepreneurship
The community voted and selected the top 20 organizations, which we are now excited to announce. The winning projects are:
- Be the Change...Help Stop Bullying
- Sponsor Pacific Island Based Students to Attend a Higher Education Summit in DC
- LIFE Humane Heroes Club
- Creating Community Through Music and Art for Poor Vietnamese Youth
- Arab American Teens Funding Education and Health in Detroit
- Develop Youth Leaders and Global Citizens in NYC and DCI
- Developing Active Citizens
- Do Something Social Action Boot Camp
- Inspiring the Next Generation of Change-Makers
- Livestock for Life
- Camp Shout Out: Youth Who Stutter
- And Action! Providing Adolescents with Autism a Filmmaking Experience
- STEM Education and outreach for the Younger Generation
- Youth Action!
- Enstitute is a Non-profit Apprenticeship that Turns Startups & Small Businesses into Classrooms
- Tudabujja: Teaching Farming Skills to Street Children in Uganda
- Mikwano Microfinance
- The David Lynch Foundations Quiet Time in the Classroom Program
- Burning Through Pages Needs Fuel to Burn
Each organization now has the opportunity to fundraise on Give for Youth platform. From March 18 to 27, Microsoft will match funds raised up to $100,000 across the 20 featured organizations. In addition to being featured on Give for Youth, the top three finalists will be receiving a $5,000 voucher to the Microsoft Store to use on technology for their organization as well as a one year subscription to GOOD and cobranded banners that will run on good.is.
Now is your chance to help bring their projects to life, visit Give for Youth starting on March 18 to support their projects and double your impact.
How to Raise $750,000 for Charity, the YouTuber Way Rising YouTube sensations like Tyler Oakley and Connor Franta mobilize their massive fan base for a cause Next time your birthday rolls around, consider what these enterprising stars did to celebrate theirs.
Chelsea Handler Tries Making Fun Of Andy’s Weight. It Backfires Immediately. An embarrassingly bad attempt to make fun of Andy’s weight
Another Kind of Street Meat Searching for abundant, organic, all-natural, free meat? Consider roadkill.
“I Know It's Not P.C. But...” Sam Harris, #Gamergate, and the explosion of white, male, illiberal rage
The Best (or Worst) Outbreak Movies to Watch While in Self-Imposed Quarantine If you’re going to be scared, be really scared A panicky film primer for the Ebola zombie pandemic sure to … oh my god, look out behind you!
Why Cutting Michael Sam Was a Mistake for the Dallas Cowboys The subversive NFL moment that never happened
7 Unlikely Male Feminists Lately feminism has been all about … men. Here are seven dudes who prove that gender equality really is for everyone.
The NFL’s Most Violent Man on How to Curb Football Injuries Jack Tatum’s modest proposal
Understanding Africa’s Ebola-Denying Communities While Americans panic over a tiny risk, some Africans in Ebola-stricken counties think the entire virus is make-believe.
Why Your American Wiener is Unimpressive We should all be envious of Iceland’s tasty, high-quality hot dogs