The 2010 PopTech Conference continued with more accidents, failures, and breakthroughs on Friday. Here's a brief selection of Friday's highlights:
- Elizabeth Dunn says that money impedes our ability to savor pleasure, even when it comes to seeing a big bundle of cash on the outside of a candy bar wrapper.
- Orlagh O'brien presented a fascinating set of images mapping people's view of emotions called Emotionally}Vague.
- Stephanie Coontz says that marriage historically had nothing to do with love between man and woman and suggested that "marriage was invented to get in-laws."
- Jennifer Thompson-Cannino and Ronald Cotton told both sides of a very compelling story of a rape, a false conviction, and the story of forgiveness.
- Patrick Meier and Josh Nesbit presented their mobile crowd-sourced crisis information map created in response to the earthquake in Haiti called Mission 4636.
- OK Go closed out the day with a performance with hand bells.
Top image: Visualization of Joy by Orlagh O'brien.