GOOD Holiday Gift Guide 2010
We'll be the first to admit it: Holiday gift guides are not in short supply. But while they tend to tout next generation smartphones, cable-knit cashmere throws, or SUVs tied in big red bows, we often find ourselves missing any true meaningful exchange. So in putting together our very first ever GOOD Holiday Gift Guide, we sought out cool stuff to be sure, but we turned to a handpicked list of GOOD folks for their unique gift ideas, unusual holiday traditions, and some decidedly un-consumery things to make or experience in lieu of a trip to the mall or a click of the mouse. Hugs, gold, and time—all popular choices. Happy Holidays!—Allison Arieff
Our team of experts:
- Charles Adler, Co-Founder, Kickstarter
- Ken Albala, Author, The Lost Art of Real Cooking
- Frances Anderton, Host, DnA: Design and Architecture, KCRW
- Dan Barber, Executive Chef and Co-Owner, Blue Hill
- Mark Frauenfelder, editor-in-chief of MAKE magazine and co-editor of Boing Boing
- Rob Forbes, PUBLIC Bikes
- Pavel Karamazov of the Flying Karamazov Brothers (aka Rod Kimball)
- Corby Kummer, food writer, The Atlantic
- Adam Lowry, co-founder and Chief Greenskeeper, Method
- Robin Petravic and Catherine Bailey, Co-owners of Heath Ceramics
- Ron Radziner, Principal, Marmol Radziner Architects
- Sonja Rasula, Unique LA
- Brian Rea, Artist/Illustrator
- Sarah Rich, Co-Founder Foodprint Project and Co-Founder, Longshot magazine
- Peter Smith, GOOD
- Robbie Vitrano, Co-Founder, Trumpet, New Orleans
- Federico de Vera, Boutique owner/Jewelry designer
Supreme Court Flooded With Gay Wedding Invites Before Key Ruling In lieu of gifts, Modern Family’s Jesse Tyler Ferguson urges same-sex couples to invite justices, and request equality instead.
Rejoice: Tina Fey and Amy Poehler Are Now Badass Action Figures The Weekend Update anchors come out from behind their news desk and into the world of collectible figurines.
B-Ball Pro Goes for Broke in a Game of Co-Ed One-on-One Superman" Johnson scores a lot more than points in this co-ed game of one-on-one
100 Days of Little Ways to Change Your World From small choices to radical endeavors, we’re inviting you to join us to shake things up.Read more at›
Now Free, Ex-Guantánamo Inmates Celebrate With a Double-Wedding Adel bin Muhammad El Ouerghi and Omar Abdelhadi Faraj will marry their brides at a joint ceremony in Montevideo, Uruguay.
Feast Your Eyes Upon Every Simpsons Episode At Once Worst. Every. Episode. Ever. Should have just been Seasons 2-8, obviously.
For Healthier Skin, Check Your Gut, Not Your Bathroom Cabinet Beauty is more than skin-deep: It's a sign of a life lived in balance.