by Allie Schulz and Jake Anderson
6 cups chicken stock
4 garlic cloves, pressed
1 tsp Salt, White Pepper
2 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 red onion, diced
4 large sausage links (any flavor)
2 large Roma tomatoes, diced
1 cup cooked beans, your choice of blend- Kidney beans, Romano beans, Chickpeas, etc.
1 cup uncooked fusilli pasta (or similar)
1 tbsp. each balsamic vinegar, olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice
1 handful Arugula
2 oz. Parmesan cheese, shaved
1. Boil 6 cups of chicken stock, pressed garlic, white pepper, salt, rosemary. Let simmer.
2. Cook sausage on grill pan over medium heat, 3-4 minutes or until browned. Add diced onions cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally
3. Take sausage out and cut into small sections. Add to stockpot along with the onions, tomatoes, beans, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and pasta.
4. Simmer over medium heat and cook 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender
5. Remove from heat and remove rosemary sprigs. Top with arugula, balsamic vinegar and salt.
6. Let stand 2-3 minutes and serve with Parmesan cheese over the top.